The comprehensive programme includes
· Staff development programme
· SMN mentor support to selected number of Focus clubs
· FAW Trust staff mentor support to Development Clubs
· Grow Your Club Workshops
· ‘How to’ Guides
· Best practice e-newsletters
About the workshop
A workshop packed with informative ideas and help on how to make your football club vibrant, visible and viable, provide great experiences, recruit more players and people and communicate better.
Community football clubs are facing strong challenges in order to survive and grow in an increasingly competitive and demanding market. How to attract new members and retain the existing ones, become a hub of the community, grow sponsorship revenue, improve the social life of the club, increase media coverage, benefit from new technology, introduce new revenue streams…
In order to survive and grow football clubs must ‘listen to people’s lives’ and adopt new ways of running their clubs. They need to become more welcoming to attract and retain members and volunteers and they must ‘speak people’s’ language’ and communicate with them in a modern and engaging way.
The workshop will focus on the practical issues of setting up and developing a vibrant, visible and viable Community Football Club, regardless of size and location.
The presenter will draw from hundreds of best practice case studies from community-based, volunteer-run sports clubs from across a number of different sports and countries.
• Get the vision right for your club
• Learn to love change
• Become a more welcoming club
• Build and maintain positive relationships with new and existing partners
• How to promote your club and attract new members
• Introduce innovative ways of engaging with your customers and your community
• Learn how to run your club effectively and efficiently
• Develop new ways of working in order to generate new income streams
• How to manage a vibrant community sports club by developing your culture and skills
• Attract and retain skilled and passionate volunteers
• Become well connected to your community
• How to best assess your potential for working with community partners – what are your assets, relationships and skills?
Information about FAW Trust More Than A Club – developing enterprising football clubs across Wales
At the workshop, you will also receive information about this innovative support programme where clubs can apply to become part of a bespoke support programme where they will be inspired and mentored to become more enterprising.
The FAW Trust
The FAW Trust is responsible for the development of football in Wales, from grassroots to national level. For more than 20 years, it’s been our job to work with the Football Association of Wales to protect, promote and develop the game of football to achieve our joint vision of:-
Football for everyone, everywhere in Wales
About the presenter, Svend Elkjaer
Holding a Master in Business Administration, MBA, Svend founded the Sports Marketing Network (SMN) in 2005 for people involved with the commercial, community and marketing issues across all sports and physical activity; be it a club, governing body, local authority or private sports deliverer.
Over the last eight years, more than 4,000 sports providers have benefitted from SMN’s services attending our workshops and presentations, being mentored or receiving consultancy. SMN has also advised, consulted and trained a number of organisations and public bodies including the RFU, FA, Cricket Scotland, Amateur Swimming Association, British Gymnastics, Sport Wales, England Golf, England Athletics, sportscotland, etc.